The Gap State High School P&C Association
Blue Card Policy
11 November 2019
- The Gap State High School P&C aligns with the Queensland State Government Policy for Working with Children. https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card
- The Gap State High School P&C requests all staff and for those volunteers who do not have children at the school, to hold a valid Blue Card. This requirement for a BlueCard meets with the Qld State Government Policy for Working with Children and the P&Cs Queensland requirements.
- All staff and volunteers must submit valid Blue cards to the P&C for registration before work can be carried out.
- The Gap State High School P&C will reimburse the cost of the Blue Card or renewal of the Blue Card to employees only who are employed for a minimum of 12 hours per week, averaged over 4 consecutive working weeks.
- The Gap State High School P&C will not pay for Blue Cards for people who are volunteers at The Gap State High School. Volunteer Blue Cards currently are provided at no cost from the Qld State Government. If you hold a current Blue Card from an employer, you must submit this Blue Card and the linking form for registration.
- The convenor must notify the P&C Office if an employee is no longer active, so the Blue Card register can be updated to remove that person.