Financial Assistance Policy for Representative School Students
Applications for financial assistance can be made to the P&C for individual students who have been selected as representatives at regional, state, national or international level in sporting, cultural or academic events emanating from recognised school supported competitions and/or activities. To be eligible for this financial assistance students should first seek endorsement or approval by the school to participate if an approval form signed by the Principal is not required by the event organisers.
The P&C may contribute towards the costs at a rate of:
- $100 for local (within 200km of Brisbane eg. Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Toowoomba
- $200 for the remainder of the eastern seaboard; Cairns to Melbourne includes Canberra.
- $400 for the rest of Australia; TAS, SA, WA, NT
- $600 for overseas (Passport).
Applications can be submitted before or within 8 weeks after the student has attended the event and all requests are subject to availability of P&C funds with an absolute maximum of $600 per student per calendar year.
After the event students/parents are required to inform the P&C of the student’s performance at the competition e.g. Francis made to the finals and finished 6th, along with electronic banking details; BSB and account number so that the financial assistance can be paid.
School sporting teams, ensembles, competition teams etc. may apply for a group subsidy payment that is supported by POPARTS, SHAPE or a supervisory teacher through the Principal. These requests are also subject to the availability of P&C funds in each calendar year.
Brief introduction, background and requested amount (see table above):
Full name and Year level:
- Competition Name or Sport involved:
- Age level or division:
- Representative level: eg. Met North, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- Location and dates of the competition:
- Total approximate student cost/invoice amount from the organising authority:
Endorsed by the organising teacher at The Gap State High School Name and Signature __________________________________________________________________________________